This publish could include affiliate back links. Please go through my disclosure policy.
This straightforward Chicken Marsala recipe is even far better than what you would get in a fancy Italian restaurant, and a good deal significantly less expensive as well! If you ever require an entre to impress dinner visitors or make a family celebration particular, you can’t go wrong by serving Chicken Marsala.
We love this creamy chicken marsala served above pasta with a side of fresh bread and garlic butter and a huge fresh Italian Salad.
What is Chicken Marsala? It is an Italian-inspired dish very common in eating places typically discovered on the menu next to Chicken Parmesan. Chicken Marsala is made with chicken breast fillets lightly browned and submerged in a wealthy Chicken Marsala mushroom sauce.
The extraordinary tastiness of the dish is owing to the Marsala wine, which is the foundation ingredient of the sauce. Marsala, in case you are questioning, is a Sicilian fortified wine, similar to sherry or port. It comes in both sweet and dry versions (you want to acquire dry Marsala for this recipe). Other Chicken Marsala ingredients incorporate mushrooms, shallots (or onion), thyme and butter.
The greatest Chicken Marsala uses chicken fillets, which you can buy, or you can make them your self if you only have entire breasts. To fillet by yourself, comply with these steps:
- Start off with boneless, skinless breasts and your sharpest thin bladed knife.
- Using a paper towel, firmly grab and hold the thinnest end of the breast.
- Slice toward the thickest finish, horizontally, so you wind up with two even halves.
That’s all there is to it! Now you’re prepared to make the greatest Chicken Marsala recipe ever.
How to Make Chicken Marsala
Chicken Marsala comes with each other in a number of phases. Here’s all you do:
- Pound the fillets to inch thickness and dredge in flour.
- Cook on the stove prime in a bit of olive oil for a number of minutes. Set chicken aside.
- In the same pan, include the shallots and thyme till tender, then add the sliced mushrooms and cook until finally juices release.
- Add the Marsala wine and remaining sauce elements and minimize. Serve with the chicken.
If that doesn’t sound rich and tasty ample currently, you can up the ante by creating creamy Chicken Marsala (though not standard, it is tasty). Substitute 1/three cup of hefty cream for the very same volume of chicken broth for a truly sublime experience.
Or, you can get actually fancy and make stuffed Chicken Marsala:
- Dredge the fillets in flour on only 1 side
- On the bare side, layer slices of prosciutto and a slab of minimal-moisture mozzarella
- Fold in half or roll and fasten tightly with toothpicks. Then proceed with the recipe described here.
At the other finish of the spectrum, you can make a crock pot Chicken Marsala. You don’t even have to fillet the breasts for this version. Just area all the elements in a crock pot and cook on substantial for four hours or on reduced for six. Then make a cornstarch and water slurry to thicken the sauce, and serve above pasta, for a super yummy and simple dinner.
More Chicken Recipes You’ll Really like
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast – elegant and straightforward
- Baked Chicken Thighs – simple and juicy as can be
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole – love casseroles!
- Creamy Chicken Enchiladas – so delcious!
- Chicken Lasagna – comfort food
What to Serve With Chicken Marsala
Chicken Marsala sauce is extremely rich and flavorful, and a starch completes the meal completely. You can serve it in excess of angel hair pasta to fill the plate.
You may well consider buttered noodles or orzo pasta on the side if you’d choose. To complete the presentation, plate it up with some roasted broccoli or roasted Brussels sprouts. And don’t fail to remember a crusty, rustic bread, or 30 Minute Dinner Rolls to sop up the sauce. Your dinner guests and family members will be in heaven!